- I am still wearing my purse cross body with my hand still over it - just waiting for someone to try to pick pocket me!
- I still talk about people as though they cannot understand me.
- Wearing shorts and a T-shirt seems completely normal
- There is no sales tax - I went to buy a cupcake with friends last night and it said $2.75 therefore I got $2.75 out of my wallet and then the lady told me it was $3.02 - I was shocked!
- Water is free at restaurants with free refills.
- People are speaking English everyone! I went to the zoo with Kelsey and Scott yesterday and EVERYONE was speaking English!! I have become so accustomed to not understanding what people are saying, and I have also become accustomed to hearing not only Spanish but a variety of different languages all at the same time.
Friday afternoon I left for Saint Louis to visit friends at SLU and to meet with my adviser. It is really weird being back at SLU - mostly because I don't have my own apartment I think. Also everyone is studying for finals and all that jazz. However, it is really good to see my friends that I haven't seen since last semester even if they are studying.
Well I think this is the last or close to the last blog for my SLU-Madrid Adventure. However, I seriously thought about starting another blog, because I think it is healthy to express my feelings - or something like that. I haven't made the blog yet or anything, but I will post the address of the blog when I actually create it! That is all for now!
Paz y Amor. God Bless.