Monday, May 9, 2011

It is all coming to an end

I have finished my exams and now all that is left is to enjoy my last two days.  Today I had my art history exam and it went really well.  I absolutely loved my teacher Curra – before I left she told me what a joy it is to have me in class and to send her a picture from now and then.  She is just a very sweet teacher and loves what she does.  After my final today I had lunch with Jackie.  Jackie and I met in Spanish class freshmen year and we actually got pretty close this year and now she is transferring to Madison.  It was hard to say bye to her, but she does live in Green Bay so hopefully we will be able to see each other at some point.  Jackie and I decided to be pen-pals old school style this summer! So excited for that.  After lunch with I went to the park where I run to lay out with Elizabeth and Megan – my two best friends at SLU Madrid.  I am really going to miss those girls.  After laying out I went back home and tried to pack for home – I packed my socks and that is as far as I got – mom got a good laugh out of that.  For dinner tonight we had fried eggs! I actually looked in the refrigerator this morning and we have 131 eggs in the there! Crazy! I asked Gloria if we could have eggs for dinner! I thought we always had a lot of eggs at my house back in the States but nothing compares to 131 eggs.  Tomorrow we are have Spanish Omolete – tortilla de patata.  We had have a traditional Spanish meal for our last meal – sad.

Anyways, I am excited to get back to SLU on Friday.  Kelsey just texted me and told me people are really excited to see me and they keep telling Kelsey that I am coming.  She keeps telling them she already knows.  However, I am going to miss Spain like crazy.  I have been thinking about a blog to sum my emotions and the experience I have had these past four months, but I just cannot seem to come up with the words.  I think it is going to take a little of time and reflecting after I leave Spain.

I have traveled to Madrid, Segovia, Toledo, El Escorial, Salamanca, Paris, Morocco, Granada, Malaga, Loyola, Portugal, Ávila, Roma, and Barcelona – next stop Oconomwoc, Wisconsin.  I am a world traveler for sure – how crazy it is that I traveled so many places in just a matter of four short months.  But now it is time to come home.  For one of my last blogs if I wanted to make a list of all the things I am going to miss about studying abroad and what I am not going to miss about studying abroad.  But here is the thing guys I am going to miss it all even if I don’t fully realize it know so I just decided to make a list.

·         Wondering random streets of various towns
·         Walking everywhere
·         Taking the metro
·         Walking around for hours trying to food – it was always an adventure
·         Being able to talk about people on the metro because you think they can’t understand what you are saying when I am sure they can
·         Not driving a car, but I want to drive a car
·         Hearing Spanish
·         The sunshine
·         Mango Juice
·         Madrid night life – not leaving my house until 11
·         Only having four classes
·         The time difference – both positive and negative
·         Having a real cell phone
·         **As am I writing this list I realize it doesn’t make much sense so sorry about that**
·         The alone time
·         My host mom
·         Friends that don’t go to SLU Madrid
·         Blogging
·         Sangria – just being able to order a drink at a bar

Well that is all I have for right now.  I am sure there is more, but that is all I got for right now.  Tomorrow is my last full day of being in Spain.  I am leaving my house at 7:30 in the morning on Wednesday for the airport and I will be arriving in Chicago around 2:15pm.  I can’t believe it is happening so fast.  Good luck to all my SLU friends on studying this week for finals and I will see you all on Friday

Paz y Amor. God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment