Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Weight.

Today was absolutely gorgeous outside so that started off my day well.  I also had a productive morning at home and went to school around 1 to hang out with people and have lunch and attempt to read my history notes - that part didn't go so well.  But I don't have to read it until Monday so I enjoyed the company of some friends and then went to class.  After class I worked on my history paper some more and ate dinner and got caught up on some lose ends - emails and what not.  Overall it was a really good day, even though I didn't get as much done as I wanted to - it will all work out.  I am looking forward to have a relaxing weekend this coming weekend.  I will write some papers and just have a lot of Toria time and hopefully sleep!!

Anyways why title of this blog is called weight - it has been something on my mind the last couple of days and I thought I would share it with all of you.  Weight.  It is such a simple word, but when you really think about it, it has a lot of meanings.  The weight of your body.  The weight you put on yourself to preform well.  The weight others put on you.  The weight of the homework or work you have to accomplish.  The weight of the standards people expect you to live up to.  The weight that you feel on your heart when something isn't right with one of your friends. See - as I said such a simple word can have so many meanings.  I guess I will start with the weight of one's body.  I wonder how many people are truly and completely happen when they look at themselves in the mirror - I bet the majority of the people would say they are not - there is always that one thing they could change.  I am the same way and I am not afraid to admit it to the world - my body is not perfect... but when I really think about it, it doesn't matter.  I am made in the image and likeness of God and I should be happy and feel beautiful.  I challenge everyone - myself included to be happy and feel beautiful when we look in the mirror - everyone is beautiful.  Next let's talk about the weight we put ourselves to preform well on a daily basis.  I know I put pressure or weight on myself to preform well in school as I am sure a lot of college kids and younger do - we want to impress our parents, we want to make a name for ourselves, we want to feel good - simply most of us just want to hear "I am proud of you" from a teacher, a friend, a parent, anyone really.  I think that is why we put this weight on ourselves.  I am I want to be successful and happy too - it is not all about what other people want for me - I just want to be happy in life and when I please other people that makes them happy which in return makes me happy - so it is a win win situation.  You know that feeling when something isn't right with a friend or someone you love - you feel it right on your heart - it is another weight.  This might be the most personal of the weights I have thought about - because truly you are the only one that can see and feel it - people can never truly know what you are feeling.  In a way I think that is a neat experience in a way.  Yes, you don't want something to be wrong with someone you love, but to be able to really feel the weight in your heart means you really care about that person.  I think it is neat.  Well that was something short that was on my mind.  Enjoy.

I wanted to talk just a little bit about Fatima - the place where the Virgin Mary appeared to three children and gave them three messages.  When I told my friend about this place, her immediate reaction was "How do you know what is real?"  When she asked me that question I was a little taken back... How do I know it is real.  Well the simple answer my friends, is faith.  I don't know if there is any other way to describe it besides faith.  You have to believe with your whole heart that is what happened and to be honest I do.  When I walked into the chapel thing that was built on the exact location that Mary appeared to the children - I felt something.  Maybe it was the way no one was talking inside compared to outside the chapel where you could hear a whole bunch of chit-chat going on.  Or maybe it was the people's faces looked as they were praying in the chapel.  I don't know what it was and I don't know if I will ever know what it was but something about that place made me tear up a little - I guess it is real if I got emotional about it... right?

I don't think there is anything else I want to share tonight - this is a pretty short blog! I will be writing an ethics and history paper this weekend... let me know if anyone wants to proofread them for me :)

Paz y Amor.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment