Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Title-less

To start off this blog I would like to present two quotes that I found yesterday when I was looking for some inspiration.  They are both by Douglas Pagels - I am not sure what he did or anything like that (probably should have done some research) but he seems like a really smart man to me.  Anyways, here are the quotes: 


"Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow."


“Nothing wastes more energy than worrying. The longer one carries a problem, the heavier it becomes. Don’t take life too seriously. Live a life full of serenity, not of regrets.”


I was having a little bit of a rough day yesterday and these two simple quotes helped me realize that I don't need to be stressed out in life.  I have been worried about a lot lately: school, internships, trips, housing, classes, ect.  All of that has been on mind and I was letting it to me way too much.  It is also hard being here at some points because in my house I don't feel like I have anyone to talk to - it is hard to communicate those complex ideas with Gloria especially when I am emotional about it and Maya is always in her room when she is home.  And it is not like living at SLU in the States where I could just walk up a couple floors to talk to someone at 11 o'clock.  Not to mention the time change with the people back home makes it even more difficult.  Also yesterday my group had to sign up for housing and it was really really stressful!! But we got everything worked out.  Seriously God has my back always.  Also yesterday my Grandma fainted when my mom was over there at my Grandma's apartment.  Again God has our backs - good thing that my mom was there when it happened.  If everyone could pray for my Grandma that would be great - everything is fine with her right now, but everyone could use some prayers sent their way.  I had a little break down yesterday since is healthy at some points - everyone needs to cry once in a while.  Also I am sick and tired of getting hit on every time I walk somewhere - it is just getting old now.


Well everything started to turn around last night and it has been going up hill since then.  I got a decent amount of sleep last night and woke up early to work on some homework.  I mean nothing that exciting has happened today or anything like that, but then again nothing bad happened today.  I woke up to an email saying that our housing was fixed and I had nothing to worry about.  And I was productive this morning before I went to class.  After class I worked on my ethics paper - which will be the death of me - for about an hour.  And then I hung out with some friends and worked a little homework.  After ethics class I went for a run - it felt good to go for a run.  Oh something interesting today - I actually sat in the shade for once - I didn't sit in the sun all day!! Mostly because of this awful tan I have going on.  As most of you know I have two fears in life - farmers tan and cankles.  Well I have some sort of a farmers tan going on and I am getting a little scared that it is going to stay - I need to stay out of the sun for a little bit.


I want to say thank you to all those people that put up with me the last couple of says when I have been emotional and complaining a lot.  Sorry guys, but thanks for being there for me!! You have all helped me so much!! Well I should probably actually try to legit write my ethics paper and not be stalling by blogging and doing other things.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Oh and thanks Kels for Skype session today!  You are the best buddy!! Oh and get ready to enter me into the county fair, buddy ;)


Paz y Amor.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment