Sunday, February 6, 2011

My first blog after my teenage years!!

I did it!! I beat teenage pregnancy!! Success!  I had a wonderful birthday night and I am having a very relaxing and chill birthday day.  The other day I forgot to inform you guys about a fear I overcame - beans.  When mom makes chili I always complain how there are too many beans in the soup - well the other night I was served literally bean soup - had to get over that "fear" really quick.  The soup wasn't bad; it was just really beany.

Alright so Saturday was rather similar to Friday. A group of us met at the park again and just hung out.  We played silly games, had a picnic, and laughed a lot.  It was a great way to start off my birthday celebration.  It was so nice out too!! I love the sun so much!

Enjoying the sun :)

Friends enjoying the sun - sorry for all you who have snow!!

For our picnic Elizabeth brought clementines, bread, crackers, and cheese - the cheese wasn't Wisconsin cheese - I miss it so much!!! After the park I cam back and got to Skype with some people - Kelsey (as always), Mom, Dad, and even Steven, Steph, and Thomas.  It was a Skyped filled night before
 I went out for my birthday.  I left my house around 10 - Maya didn't come with me because she was sick :(  I was really looking forward to her coming with and it was a bummer that she was sick.  The group all met up in sol and we went to a sangria bar first.  There were ten of us and Adam decided it would be a good idea to order 4 pitchers of sangria - that is a lot of sangria.  

Here is the group at the Sangria bar - the waiter took the 4 pitcher of Sangria already.

We left the sangria bar at about 11:40 - I only had one requirement for the night - to be somewhere at midnight and not be walking around - that didn't happen, but that's okay.  As we were walking around sol, one of the promoters came up to us and told us he would give us free entry to Joy - one of the bigger dance clubs.  We followed him to Joy and had to wait in line because apparently the club wasn't open yet.  So I turned 20 waiting in line to get into a club - everyone still sang happy birthday to me so it was fine.  We were literally the first ones in the club so we hung out for about an hour and awkwardly danced when no one else was dancing.  When more people starting showing up it was a lot of fun!! There was some drama in the group, but I was not letting that get in the way of my birthday celebration.  I just let it happen and I ignored it!!  We basically just danced the entire night, until about 3am and then I left with Elizabeth and Megan.  At the club there was two weird dance performances - Lady Gaga style.  It was very interesting.  Martina and I also let some guys studying abroad in London that were from the States and spending the weekend in Madrid.  Overall I had a wonderful birthday.  Elizabeth and Megan really made the birthday wonderful!! I love you girls.

Elizabeth, Megan, and me :)


I do miss being home on my birthday - I don't get to pick the birthday meal.  But having good friends here and having the ability to Skype everyone - well most everyone - back home has made my 20th birthday amazing.  I am excited to open the package Mom and Dad sent me - I have to wait to Skype them until I can open it.  Well today I played catch up on all the homework I had to do.  It was nice to just relax.  I will be going to church at SLU at 6 for the first time - I am really looking forward to going.  I have missed it!  And then tonight for the Superbowl I am going to a bar with one of my friends and her friends - it is going to be another late night since the Superbowl doesn't start until 12:30 my time - but how many times can you say you watched the Packers win the Superbowl while studying abroad in Madrid?! Well I believe that is all for now! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!  Also I asked Gloria and if you didn't put her name the letters should still get to me!! I will let people know when I receive anything!! :)

Paz y Amor. God Bless.

Actually I thought of something - I have lived two decades of my life now.  It seems weird that I have lived that long already.  There is so much I want to accomplish in my life and I need to take full advantage of everyone year, every moment, every day.  I can not wait to see what my 20th year has in store from me, but I have this feeling it is going to be a very good year.  I finally feel like I sort of know what my purpose is in life - helping people.  Yes, I know that sounds lame, but it is true.  When I volunteer I can not express the happiness I feel and how I always feel like this is what I am suppose to be doing.  I love working with the homeless population.  My 20th year is going to bring me great opportunities and adventures - I just know it!! Well I think that is for real all this time - I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment