Saturday, January 22, 2011

CAT

Today was Salamanca.  I was expecting this trip to be one of the best; however it started off a little rough.  We were all suppose to meet at school at 8:30 in the morning since Salamanca is 2.5 hours away.  Well, I met my friend, Elizabeth, at the normal spot (our streets cross) at 8:10 and we walked to school together.  We arrived around 8:25 and checked in and we were good to go.  Most of our friends had arrived and we were ready to get on the bus and see the university city of Salamanca.  Well 8:45 rolled around and no bus; then 9:00, then 9:30, and then finally around 9:45 the buses finally showed up.  I forgot to mention that it was about 35 degrees outside – yes I know it is not as cold as Wisconsin, but just standing outside for more than an hour is not that fun.  I did dress warm today, because the high in Salamanca was suppose to be 38.  I wore leggings under my jeans (special thanks to Kelsey True) and a long-sleeved shirt, my new vibrant hoodie, a black scarf, and my peacoat.  Oh and I cannot forget I wore mittens – handmade by mom!!

On the way to Salamanca we passed through a smaller town called Álliva.  This town was very interesting at least to me.  The ancient part of the town is enclosed by a wall that is about 2.5 miles long and has been there over a thousand years.  It is also the longest wall to be light up at light. 






This picture is called cuatro pillars – the four pillars.  In older times at the entrance of a city there would be a religious monument.  In the case of Áliva there is four pillars surrounding a cross.  I thought it was very pretty.

Salamanca was a very pretty city.  Salamanca is known for being the university town, yet we didn’t see the university.  Anyways, the best part of the day was the cathedral for sure. There is so much history into one building it was crazy.  At first the cathedral was small and they added on to make one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  I will share pictures, however you cannot understand the beauty until you see the cathedral in person.  Also for more pictures look on facebook :)
 Jackie in front the cathedral
 Me if front of the cathedral
 Best chocolate dessert/pastry every!!!
 CAT for cathedral. This was best one photo shoots ever.
 Epic picture :)
 An astronaut on the door of the Cathedral. The artist that restored the doors wanted something different.
Dragon eating ice cream!!! Haha



Well that was my day today!! I will be posting another blog shortly about a different view on my Spain life.  Paz y amor.  God Bless.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria! Surprise! It's Elizabeth's mom here! She sent me the link to your blog so I could get to know you a little, and I'm glad she did! I can see why you and Elizabeth get along so well - you are very similar. There was definitely some Divine Power working that brought you two girls together - God works in wondrous ways! I certainly hope to meet you soon. Until then, continue loving Europe- it sounds like you all are having a wonderful experience. BTW, I'm glad you decided to go to Morocco!
    Take care and thanks for sharing yourself with us!
    ~Sheila S.

    ReplyDelete