Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Typical Tuesday

Nothing all that exciting happened today - I feel like I have been saying that a lot lately.  My first class as you all should know by now was Art History - we continued talking about Ancient Egyptian art and I am still finding the class interesting.  Today I was in complete amazement as my professor taught us about the pyramids.  I still can not believe the pyramids where built so long along when they didn't even have the wheel - its unreal.

After Art History I met up with Lavi - she came with me to mail some more postcards.  If you are lucky you might be recieving one of these postcards :)  I just hung out with some friends and ate lunch - nothing all that exciting.  However, I did get the chance to FaceTime with my mom today.  She woke up very early her time and it worked out perfectly, because I didn't have class.  Mom even got to shower this morning! I also going to see my puppy Sadie - she got confused when I said her name. Oh how I miss my puppy.  I also had the great pleasure of saying hello to daddy when he was still half asleep - sorry about that dad. Love you.

When Elizabeth and Mary Kate finished classed we took a trip to SuperSol (the grocery store by campus) to buy lunch food, since it is expensive to eat on campus or off campus everyday.  I bought a loaf a bread, jelly, crackers, and a bag of celmintines for only 6 euros.  Also my friend is picking up Peanut Butter for me to make my sandwiches.  I thought bringing my lunch everyday or most days would be a good way to save money.  Also, Gloria is starting to give Maya and I the leftovers so that is also very nice.

Ethics was okay today.  Some people in my class annoy me though.  A lot of them just say things to either hear themselves talk or try to make a point but say something completely irrelevant to the subject.  I don't really understand that.  Today we got off on so many different tangents I couldn't keep up and by the end of the class I was more confused.  After class I went and got sangria (since we can't go on Thursday) with some of my "old" friends and some "new" friends that I met today.  I was very nice to have a change in some of the people I have been normally hanging out with - even though I like them.  Sometimes a change is a good thing!

Gloria was not home for dinner tonight so Maya and I ate by ourselves.  However, Gloria prepared the meal and we just had to heat it up and eat it.  We had Mexican tonight - fajitas.  They were amazing; I ate too much!! Gloria is such a wonderful cook, but not as good as you mom :)  We had soy cheese to put on our fajitas - let me just say I miss my Wisconsin cheese A LOT!!!

Well I am going to go to bed early and get up and finish my reading for class; I don't have class until 4 either so I should have plenty of time.  I have a meeting for my Morocco trip tomorrow at 2 so that is exciting! I will learn more about what we are going to be doing while in Morocco.  I still can not believe Paris is only two days away! I know it will be an amazing time, even though there little concerns now - they will all get figured out though. Also only 12 days until I turn 20! Man, I am getting old!!  That is all for tonight!

Paz y Amor.  God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Toria,
    Have a great time in Paris - it is a truly great city with so much history and sights! Our favorite was the Eiffel Tower, of course Jerry was interested in the construction! :)
    Love,
    Aunt Peggy
    PS Our Youth Minister, Lisa Seipel, may contact you because she is taking a group to Madrid for World Youth in August.

    ReplyDelete