Monday, January 10, 2011

Orientation

Today was orientation, and I am please to say it went well.  I don't know how much I actually got out of the orientation itself besides to look online when I need something and to remember to study.  We took a tour of campus which made me more confused of where everything is, but the campus is only four buildings and I have three classes in the same building and one class above the library so I think I will be good :)  I talked to a lot of different people and I believe I will be good friends with most of them! I even met a boy from Brazil today!

I have already made some travel plans.  This coming weekend I will be eating a Spanish favorite of "tapas" at the Cava Baja - one of the most emblematic areas of Madrid apparently.  Then on Saturday I will be taking a day trip to Segovia and then Sunday a day trip to Toledo.  I am very  excited and I am glad I will be busy so I don't have to miss home that much!

Tonight was the second meal Gloria cooked for me and it was wonderful as was breakfast.  Tonight we had a soup similar to chicken noodle soup with garbanzo beans instead of the chicken.  And then she made me a salad and then we had something similar to "poppers" - Gloria told me the name but I completely forgot the name.  Instead of having a "dulce" (sweet) for dessert I choose to have fruta.  The fruit that we had is called Cherimoya - it is a tropical fruit and it is grown mostly in the summer and there is a small place in southern Spain where it is grown (picture below).  I got all that information and more from Gloria in Spanish.  Even just today I improved on my Spanish - mostly because I wasn't as nervous.


Siempre paz y amor.  God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. OLE! I figure it out! Shabam. Only took me a month! What does that fruit taste like?

    Ps. Keep up the great blogging! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy. The fruit was really really sweet. I could only eat half of it for dinner and then had the rest for breakfast. It was good though!!

    ReplyDelete