Sunday, January 9, 2011

Estoy Aquí

Well I have successfully made it to Madrid, Spain.  There was no luggage lost or any mishaps along the way.  However, I am very jet-legged and overwhelmed a little.  I slept about an hour on the plane and then took an hour nap when I got to Gloria's house and unpacked.  My room is wonderful.  The colors are a perfect fit for me.  Gloria, has been nothing but amazing so far!  She is patient, caring, understanding, and helpful.  However, the only downfall is she is only talking to me in Spanish, unless I really don't understand or need help.  It is difficult because I understand a lot of what she is saying but I cannot form sentences to respond.  It will take time I know and having Gloria talk only in Spanish to me will make me learn the beautiful Spanish language.

Gloria took me around Madrid today.  It was very interesting to say the least.  It was a lot to take in especially since it is a complete 180 from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin and even Saint Louis, Missouri.  Tomorrow I have orientation starting at 10:00 my time.  Well I just wanted to let you know all is well and I am safe and ready to embark on a great journey ahead.



The pictures above are of my room.  Enjoy.  Paz y amor.  God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Popsicle....Dado here...I will get my own Gmail account, but just let you know the overwelming( can't spell that) part will quickly turn into the amazing part.

    Your the best. Love me that was more than 10-4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is the cutest! And a giant bed! Dang girl! You will pick up Spanish quickly I am sure, and that is great that Gloria is so understanding. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete